Playgrounds, Parks and Ball Diamonds Now Open
GUIDANCE FOR PLAYGROUNDS AND BALL DIAMONDS
Covid-19 RISK MITIGATION
- Those who are sick or have symptoms related to COVID-19 must not use playgrounds and baseball fields.
- Encourage children to avoid sharing toys or sports equipment and limit contact with individuals outside of their household or cohort family.
- Clean and disinfect toys and sports equipment prior to and after use.
- Practice proper hand hygiene.
Wash your hands frequently.
Refrain from touching your face with unclean hands.
Carry and use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol content immediately before and after using playground equipment
- Consider limiting children and other members of your household to only visiting playgrounds that are close to your home. This will help limit the number of people your family may come into contact with.
- Maintain physical distancing and limit congregating with other people when entering and leaving the playground and supervising children playing (e.g. paths, benches, picnic areas).
- Individuals should maintain physical distancing when returning to vehicles or homes.
- The number of contacts between different participants should be limited by playing within set cohorts or having a fixed group of participants that do not exceed 50 people, with at least 2 meters apart, including the responsible person(s). When considering size of the group, a responsible person must be able to provide adequate supervision so as to maintain the principles, recommendations and public health orders from Alberta Health.
- Each participant should be provided with assigned equipment or use self owned, disinfected equipment. Sharing equipment that is handled by hands or head, and other personal items should be minimized.
TOWN OF FALHER IS NOT CLEANING OR DISINFECTING PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT.
THERE ARE NO HANDWASHING STATIONS AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC.
Post expires at 2:35pm on Saturday August 1st, 2020