Do you have recyclable materials using valuable space in your home, garage or shed? Get rid of your recyclables at the curb with the blue bag program, or at Grandma’s Den, McLennan Bottle Depot and Smoky River Regional Landfill.
Please see below what recyclables are accepted at each location.
Blue Bag Program
2023 Blue Bag Recycling Collection Calendar
You can recycle the following items with the Blue Bag Program:
- Newsprint/Heavy paper: newspaper, magazines, phone books, catalogues, flyers
- Mixed Paper: office paper, junk mail, shredded paper, etc.
- Boxboard: cereal boxes, pasta boxes, etc.
- Containers: clean food cans, beverage containers, hard plastic containers #1-7, deposit items
- Corrugated cardboard: flattened and folded beneath blue bag. Keep bundle of cardboard to 2 feet by 3 feet in size
When using the Blue Bag Program please remember:
- Include only those items listed above.
- Rinse all containers.
- All boxes MUST be collapsed.
- If you are unsure if an item is recyclable please call Prairie Disposal LTD. at 780-539-5950 BEFORE placing it at the curb.
- When in doubt – leave it out.
- In the event that any of the guidelines listed are not followed, Prairie Disposal maintains the right to leave items curbside. Those items are left curbside are the responsibility of the home-owner.
Alternate Recycling Locations
Smoky River Regional Landfill
1.5 km northeast of Falher on Range Road 213
Summer Hours (May 1 – September 30) 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Winter Hours (October 1 – April 30) 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Open every Tuesday and every other Saturday.
- Electronic equipment
- Computers, keyboards, mouse, cables, speakers
- Car batteries
- Chemical pails
Please separate recyclable items from other non-recyclable waste materials.
#206 Main Street SE
Facebook: Grandma’s Den
Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- pop bottles and cans
- gently used items
- sports items
McLennan Bottle Depot
Located in McLennan at 749 – 5th Avenue NE (north of cemetery)
Summer Hours (April 1 – November 30)
Tuesday to Saturday
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Winter Hours (December 1 – March 31)
Tuesday to Saturday
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Container Types & Refunds
What to Expect at the Depot: Five time-saving tips